Specialties: Community Planning & Visioning
Bringing the Best Ideas to Life
Whether the topic is a development plan for a city’s downtown core or a neighborhood’s vision for an ideal dog park, community decisions are important and, oftentimes, controversial. Barney & Worth contributes to planning processes that are designed to involve a full range of stakeholders and provide decision-makers with the information and options they need to take action.
Barney & Worth Expertise
- Proven methods to reach and motivate a range of people to participate in meaningful ways
- Deft facilitation and mediation abilities
- Excellent listening and writing skills to accurately capture ideas and input
- Commitment to involving a wide diversity of people with a variety of perspectives
- Cully-Concordia Community Assessment And Action Plan
Barney & Worth led an extensive public outreach effort to involve community members in an assessment of two neighborhoods in NE Portland. The Cully-Concordia Community Assessment was, from the start...
- Pierce County Agriculture Strategic Plan
U.S. agricultural lands are disappearing nationwide. This trend is accelerated on the urban fringe of many regions, and Pierce County, Washington has lost...
- Salem Vision 2020
Barney & Worth facilitated the creation of Salem Vision 2020 – a community action plan for the City’s core downtown center. Over a six month period, 3,500 surveys...